Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy strawberry eater

newly planted strawberries
 Strawberry season is here! U-picks begin on Monday, and we are already selling picked berries at our store. My mouth is sore from eating strawberries! The first berries are in the freezer, and next week begins the work of making jam, fruit leather, and strawberry sauce to top pancakes during the winter. I also want to make strawberry granita this year, and roasted strawberries in balsamic vinegar. We will see if that actually happens or not1

4 comments:

  1. I think the dreamy expression on that strawberry stained face says it all...

    Enjoy your day!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted strawberries with balsamic vinegar and freshly cracked pepper. Have fun with the U-pick, I hope it's a wonderful season for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I was talking to a valley friend yesterday and she said that strawberry season seems to be over. Is that true or is she just trying to get out of bringing some with her when she comes to visit Thursday? Answer quick! I wanna catch her before she leaves! ;)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We still have strawberries! We will have them at least through Monday!It hasn't been a great year, but the berries have wonderful flavor!

    ReplyDelete