Monday, July 16, 2012

Color everywhere!

The garden is in almost full bloom. It is rich with color, and the sweet scent of lilies. The Gladiolas are not quite in bloom yet, and when they are, the garden will really be full of color!
The hummingbirds love the garden, and as I was taking pictures and wandering through the garden last night, they were buzzing and darting about like crazy. I still haven't captured a good picture of one, and finally decided to put my camera away and just enjoy watching them!
Crocosmia- These are about the funnest flowers ever!

I tried to have my coffee here this morning, but our unfriendly barn cat decided he loved me (or was it my scone?) and wouldn't stay off my lap. I have zero tolerance for cat hair in my coffee, especially at 6:30 on a Monday morning!
One last picture to round out our tour! The green stalks on the left are the Glads, in a week or so that area will be a mass of color! The garden is open to the public, and we love to have people wander through and enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful spot! I think I would spend every morning out there!

    ReplyDelete