Sunday, July 22, 2012

I am attempting a post from my iPad.. It is very easy to use, but I can't for the life of me get it to upload a picture! I will have to play with it some more when I have more patience! Around the farm not much has changed. Blueberries are in full swing, as are kotata blackberries. I have decided on Wednesday as my big jelly making day, and I am hoping to get through a whole year's worth in a day. We will see how that goes! This evening I took the three youngest farm children to visit my mother. She was charming as ever, and knew who we were, which is always a good sign. Her dementia has progressed a little more rapidly in the last few months, and so I am always grateful when she knows who we are. She loves to come and walk through the garden and pick blueberries, so I will try to bring her out this week. She has taken to doing imitations which amuse my girls to no end, her favorite being an angry dog. So, if you are on the farm this week and hear an angry dog, do not fear, it is likely my mother amusing my girls. I made a delicious cherry buttermilk cake yesterday, and we demolished it in moments. I will post the recipe soon, but I need to figure out where I found the recipe first so I can give credit where credit is due. The two youngest farm children sat in front of the new oven and watched the cake bake. they were mesmerized, and I can't blame them. I got a certain amount of joy from clicking on the oven light and seeing my lovely cake baking! Our old oven light ceased to work years ago, so my children have never gotten to watch things bake. Simple joys, right? Still no luck on the picture, so I will end my musings and figure out my menu plan for the upcoming week. I need to make sure we are eating a lot of the vegetables that are ripe in the garden now!

No comments:

Post a Comment