Saturday, April 9, 2011

beautiful skies



The truth of the matter is that I am still kind of a city girl at heart. I miss walking to Starbucks, the library, and my favorite stores. I used to walk through our old neighborhood of lovely old homes every day, with the children in a stroller. We had our route, and we would often loop back down the hill and walk to the library or our favorite bread shop. I like the noise and hustle and bustle of the city. But then, on the other hand, I don't miss it at all, especially when we are treated to a beautiful sundown like this. I go outside and can see the radiant colors from every direction, with nothing to block my view. All is peace and quiet, which seems like the proper setting for such beauty. This has a way of working its way in to your soul, and although the city holds definite appeal, I have learned that I must learn to be happy and content no matter where I live. So, yes, I guess you could call me a country girl!

2 comments:

  1. What a beauty! I'm really looking forward to the sunsets we enjoy in the summer. The girls and I have been know to run for several blocks to an open part of our city park for an unobstructed view. I'm not complaining, I love the large trees in our neighborhood. But I am thankful that the park is as close as it is. I don't think this old lady could run much further than that!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember running uphill when we lived in town to get a view of the sunset! I kind of feel the same way-I don't think I could run up the big hill anymore!Large trees in the neighborhood are so welcome!

    ReplyDelete