Monday, April 11, 2011

owls

I drove out to the retirement home my mother lives in this evening. She is about 20 miles away from me, and as soon as dinner was finished,I loaded the youngest three in to the car and we took her tax forms for her to sign. We stayed and talked for a while, and left just has dusk was settling in for the night. By the time we got home, the sun was almost completely gone. As we got out of the car, I could hear two owls hooting back and forth to each other. I looked toward the large cedar trees in our yard, and there, perched on the very tops of two of the trees, were the owls. They were perfectly silhouetted against the dusky sky-you could even see their ears, and my daughter Evangeline caught a gleam of sharp owl eyes. We stood and watched them for about five minutes, and enjoyed hearing their conversation. It was the perfect ending to a busy, stressful day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting! We have an owl on our property and he's the reason I don't let my chickens run free!

    ReplyDelete